The Community School of Music and Arts (CSMA) is seeking highly qualified instructors in drawing and painting mixed media and sculpture to work at CSMA’s primary Finn Center site in Mountain View. This is a part-time position that reports to the Visual Arts Program Manager.
- Teach visual arts classes and camps to youth students (ages 5-14)
-Provide drawing instruction for beginner through intermediate students, including but not limited to still life, landscape, portrait and figure studies.
-Provide painting instruction for beginner through intermediate students in various media including watercolor, acrylic and oil.
-Provide instruction in mixed media art techniques such as printmaking, collage and sculpture.
- Develop age and skill appropriate lesson plans that develop students’ skills, as well as provide a fun and creative environment for student growth.
- Provide feedback to students throughout each lesson and recommend next steps in their art education.
- Communicate in a positive and consistent way with students, parents and the administration.
- Demonstrate a commitment to CSMA’s mission and values.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Art or Art Education or equivalent experience
- Active working artist with local presence and established teaching track record in teaching youth art classes and/or camps
- Ability to work with students of a wide variety of skills and backgrounds
- Well-developed classroom management and communication skills
- Highly developed interpersonal and organizational skills
- Competent computer skills, particularly MS Office and GSuite
- Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Paid training and meetings
- Paid Sick Leave accrual
- Professional Development opportunities and grants for faculty
- Exhibition opportunities for faculty
- Employee and Family discount on private lessons and classes
- Health Benefits available
Group classes are presented year-round on a semester basis, with weekly class meetings. Teaching opportunities are mainly during weekday afternoons, evenings and weekends. Camp programs are presented during school breaks and summer weeks, on a weekly basis, Monday through Friday, 9am to 4pm.
CSMA has a mandatory vaccination policy for onsite staff and faculty subject only to the limited exemptions required by law