The Community School of Music and Arts is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced individual to teach in-person Early Childhood Music Program spanning ages 2-7 years at CSMA’s primary Finn Center site in Mountain View. This is a part-time, hourly position beginning in June 2023. Qualified applicants may also be considered for additional teaching throughout CSMA’s other programs. Please be sure to review the schedule information below prior to applying.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practical aspects of early childhood music instruction and a solid understanding of early childhood music pedagogy.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in performance and/or music education.
- Proven success in teaching in an early childhood setting.
- Experience and interest in teaching students of all abilities with an emphasis on appreciation and enjoyment of music.
- Demonstrated success interacting with and engaging parents/guardians during early childhood classes.
- Certifications in Orff, Kodaly, Dalcroze, or similar methodology preferred but not required.
- Ability to play guitar and/or ukulele preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to teach and converse comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- The ability to communicate in a positive and consistent way with parents, students, and administration.
- Performing experience preferred.
- BA in Music or Music Education, or equivalent experience
- Paid training and meetings
- Paid Sick Leave accrual
- Professional Development opportunities and grants for faculty
- Community Concert Series performance opportunities for faculty
- Employee and Family discount on private lessons and classes
- Health Benefits available
Candidates should be available to teach in person at CSMA’s main campus in Mountain View on Sunday mornings-afternoons and at least one weekday afternoon/evening. Candidates must be available to teach a minimum of 2 days per week, 4 hours per day. Additional days will be added to the teaching schedule based on the candidate’s availability
CSMA has a mandatory vaccination policy for onsite staff and faculty subject only to the limited exemptions required by law.