The Private Lesson & Faculty Events Coordinator is responsible for smoothly and efficiently organizing activity within the private lesson program for all piano studios and Music School special events at the Community School of Music and Arts. This position has the exciting opportunity to interact with many families and students on a daily basis and develop strong relationships with CSMA’s renowned faculty. The Coordinator will use a strong attention to detail in a fun and collaborative work environment. This position is the perfect opportunity to combine an enjoyment of community arts education with an influential administrative role.
The private lesson program is CSMA’s largest onsite program and serves approximately 900 students, of whom typically 50% are piano students. The Coordinator will help to support the piano students by scheduling lessons and overseeing student performance opportunities, including onsite recitals.
In addition to private lesson program work, this position will convene regular special events for the CSMA music faculty community, such as forums, social events, and faculty professional development in order to build and sustain a vibrant community.
This position reports to the Music Classes Manager and supports the Music School Director while working alongside a second private lesson coordinator. This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Private Lesson Program
- Ensure a smooth and efficient customer service experience for piano private lesson students.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with the private lesson faculty.
- Create effective schedules for faculty members in keeping with program policies, goals, and best practices.
- Provide support to faculty through orientations and addressing day-to-day questions and requests.
- Serve as the initial/primary point of contact for families and faculty to answer questions and to address concerns regarding policies and procedures.
- Oversee scheduling and support needs of piano studio recitals.
- Meet enrollment goals.
Music Classes and Events
- Support faculty through the scheduling of in-person group classes, including calendaring.
- Work in partnership with the Music Classes Manager to coordinate Workshop Week schedules and logistical arrangements.
- Assist in coordinating staff or faculty to oversee on-site music examinations.
- Coordinate and schedule events to build a collaborative and supportive community.
- Distribute program assessment tools, facilitate student recommendation processes and provide suggestions for program growth.
- Update and share Music School information as needed for website, onsite postings, etc.
- Attend and participate in Music School events as requested.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Understanding of music education, especially in the private lesson setting
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to communicate in a positive and consistent way with diverse faculty, parents, students and colleagues
- Strong computer skills and fluency in Google Workspace
- Experience as a musician or music student
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant field (preference given for music studies)
- This is an entry-level position, but prior experience in program or administration and operations is preferred.
- This is a hybrid remote-onsite position with 3 required onsite days per week (typically Tuesday-Thursday).
- Flextime schedule available upon request.
- Rare evening and weekend hours may be needed to facilitate events.
- Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Health insurance
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
Position Type – Hourly, Non-Exempt
Pay Range – $26/hr to $ 28/hr
CSMA has a mandatory vaccination policy for onsite staff and faculty subject only to the limited exemptions required by law.