The Community School of Music and Arts is seeking a motivated, experienced, fun and engaging individual to teach in-person Early Childhood Music Program spanning ages 2-7 years at CSMA’s primary Finn Center site in Mountain View. This is a part-time, hourly position. Qualified applicants may also be considered for additional teaching throughout CSMA’s other programs. Please be sure to review the schedule information below prior to applying.
Skills and Qualifications
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practical aspects of early childhood music instruction and a solid understanding of early childhood music pedagogy.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in performance and/or music education.
- Proven success in teaching in an early childhood setting.
- Experience and interest in teaching students of all abilities with an emphasis on appreciation and enjoyment of music.
- Demonstrated success interacting with and engaging parents/guardians during early childhood classes.
- Certifications in Orff, Kodaly, Dalcroze, or similar methodology preferred but not required.
- Ability to play guitar and/or ukulele preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to teach and converse comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- The ability to communicate in a positive and consistent way with parents, students, and administration.
- Performing experience preferred.
- BA in Music or Music Education, or equivalent experience
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits are available for faculty who teach 20 hours or more in a week.
- Paid Sick Leave accrual
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan
- Professional Development opportunities and grants for faculty
- Community Concert Series performance opportunities for faculty
- Employee and family discount on private lessons and classes
Candidates should be available to teach in person at CSMA’s main campus in Mountain View on Saturday mornings-afternoons to start with and possible additional opportunity for weekday mornings. Additional days will be added to the teaching schedule based on the candidate’s availability.