This is an art teacher opportunity in either the Redwood City School District or the San Mateo Foster City School District, with a start date in late August, 2023.
The Community School of Music and Arts (CSMA) Art4Schools Program is seeking energetic and dependable Elementary Art Teachers to make a difference in the community, serving elementary schools in Redwood City, San Mateo, or Foster City, CA. This position is a non-exempt salaried position with 3 to 4 days of teaching per week. Art Teacher will teach at two different school sites in the assigned school district on a weekly basis during the school year. The ideal candidates will possess an unwavering commitment to teaching creativity effectively and comprehensively while inspiring and motivating students to develop a love of art. Professional development and training for the role is provided.
- Teach CSMA art lessons meeting California State VAPA Standards to children in a public elementary school setting.
- Attend faculty meetings and trainings to enhance understanding of curriculum and teaching skills.
- Create a fun and meaningful learning environment while giving students a solid artistic foundation.
- Ensure the success of the Art4Schools program at your site by communicating regularly with on-site school staff and CSMA.
- Curate, install and host an end of the year art show displaying student artwork.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Active artist, with Bachelor’s degree in Education, Art, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of one year of experience working with elementary and/or middle school students (ages 4-13) in a classroom setting and strong classroom management skills.
- Ability to teach multiple disciplines and styles of art, particularly painting and drawing.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Competent computer skills and some familiarity with video conferencing software, Zoom, Google Workspace, and MS Office.
- A reliable form of transportation to get to and from the assigned school sites and occasional trips to the Community School of Music and Arts in Mountain View, CA.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Paid training and meetings
- Paid Sick Leave accrual
- Professional Development opportunities and grants for faculty
- Exhibition opportunities for faculty
- Employee and Family discount on private lessons and classes
- Health Benefits available