This is an art teacher opportunity in either the Redwood City School District or the San Mateo Foster City School District, with an immediate start date.
The Community School of Music and Arts (CSMA) Art4Schools Program is seeking energetic and dependable Elementary Art Teachers to make a difference in the community, serving elementary schools in Redwood City, San Mateo, or Foster City, CA. This position is a non-exempt salaried position with 3 to 4 days of teaching per week. Art Teacher will teach at two different school sites in the assigned school district on a weekly basis during the school year. The ideal candidates will possess an unwavering commitment to teaching creativity effectively and comprehensively while inspiring and motivating students to develop a love of art. Professional development and training for the role is provided.
- Teach CSMA art lessons meeting California State VAPA Standards to children in a public elementary school setting
- Attend faculty meetings and trainings to enhance understanding of curriculum and teaching skills
- Create a fun and meaningful learning environment while giving students a solid artistic foundation
- Ensure the success of the Art4Schools program at your site by communicating regularly with on-site school staff and CSMA
- Curate, install and host an end-of-the-year art show displaying student artwork
- Active artist, with Bachelor’s degree in Education, Art, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of one year of experience working with elementary and/or middle school students (ages 4-13) in a classroom setting and strong classroom management skills
- Ability to teach multiple disciplines and styles of art, particularly painting and drawing
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Competent computer skills and some familiarity with video conferencing software,
Zoom, Google Workspace, and MS Office
- A reliable form of transportation to get to and from the assigned school sites and occasional trips to the Community School of Music and Arts in Mountain View, CA.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Paid training and meetings
- Mentor program for new teachers
- Online access to curriculum and lesson planning
- Employees and family members receive a tuition discount for CSMA classes and/or private lessons.
- Paid sick Leave accrual
- Health benefits available