Working with a 20-member Board of Directors and staff, the Executive Director provides leadership, vision, and direction for the Community School of Music and Arts. The ED implements policies, manages programs and daily operations, and represents CSMA at large.
- Overseeing development, implementation, and evaluation of programs/services in support of the mission and strategic plan
- Developing and managing staff to support programs/services and accomplish goals
- Leading staff and board in developing the annual budget, conducting financial analysis, and engaging the board in strategic discussions about financial health and planning
- Leading all fundraising efforts, supporting board involvement in fundraising, personally cultivating and soliciting donors, and supervising the development staff
- Building positive relationships with partner organizations, policymakers, media, and others; serving as a coalition-builder and arts advocate
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher. Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Arts Management is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of nonprofit management experience, preferably as executive director of a nonprofit organization with an annual budget of at least $5 million
- Strong preference for candidates with Bay Area ties to the arts community, philanthropic donor base, and non-profit organizations
- Revenue creating and budgeting skills with proven record in developing and sustaining innovative, fiscally sound programs
- Proven fundraiser with ability to work with board and staff to develop and implement fundraising strategies to cultivate and maintain donors
- Team builder with ability to work with diverse staff and partners, to promote programs, and to build audiences
- Passionate arts advocate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The ED should be an outgoing, social, creative, and energetic leader who inspires staff, engages and effectively utilizes the board, leverages relationships in the broader community, and builds strategic partnerships. The successful candidate leads by example and is comfortable in the details while keeping the big picture in focus.
An attractive compensation package will be offered commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Salary range: $180,000 to $200,000 annually
- 3 weeks of paid time off
- 13 days of paid holidays per year
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- 403(b) retirement plan