Community School of Music and Arts has been the leader in high-quality music education in Silicon Valley since our founding in 1968 and we are thrilled to bring music learning to the Belmont area! Starting in April 2024, our Belmont music program will feature personalized instruction in piano, guitar, violin and voice for children, teens, and adults. We are seeking motivated, experienced, fun and engaging individuals to teach in-person private lessons to children and adults at CSMA’s new Belmont location at Artisan Crossing. This is a part-time, hourly position. Please be sure to review the schedule information below prior to applying.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practical aspects of private music instruction and a solid understanding in your primary teaching instrument.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in performance and/or music education with an emphasis in your primary teaching instrument.
- Proven success in teaching in a private studio .
- Experience and interest in teaching students of all ages, abilities and interest levels with an emphasis on appreciation and enjoyment of music.
- Demonstrated success teaching beginning level students preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to teach and converse comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- The ability to communicate in a positive and consistent way with parents, students and administration.
- Performing experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in performance and/or music education with an emphasis in Piano, Voice, Guitar, or Violin.
- Recruiting, scheduling, billing and customer service is handled by full-time staff.
- Staff takes into account the individual teaching philosophy of each teacher when placing students.
- Workshop, Recital and Masterclass opportunities for students at no additional cost.
- All faculty have access to a 403(B) retirement plan.
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits are available for faculty who teach 20 hours or more in a week.
- Professional Development opportunities and grants for faculty
- Community Concert Series performance opportunities for faculty
- Employee and Family discount on private lessons and classes
- Teach in-person at CSMA’s satellite campus in Belmont
- Available to teach at least 2 days, Tuesday through Saturday:
- Tuesday through Friday 3:30pm – 8:30pm and
- Saturdays 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Available to teach minimum 4 hours per day