Community School of Music and Arts has been the leader in high-quality music education in Silicon Valley since our founding in 1968 and we are thrilled to bring music learning to the Belmont area! Starting in April 2024, our Belmont music program will feature Early Childhood Music for ages 2-7 years at our new location in Artisan Crossing; and we are seeking a motivated, experienced, fun and engaging individual to teach in-person.
This is a part-time, hourly position. Please be sure to review the schedule information below prior to applying.
Skills and Qualifications
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practical aspects of early childhood music instruction and a solid understanding of early childhood music pedagogy.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in performance and/or music education.
- Proven success in teaching in an early childhood setting.
- Experience and interest in teaching students of all abilities with an emphasis on appreciation and enjoyment of music.
- Demonstrated success interacting with and engaging parents/guardians during early childhood classes.
- Certifications in Orff, Kodaly, Dalcroze, or similar methodology preferred but not required.
- Ability to play guitar and/or ukulele preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to teach and converse comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- The ability to communicate in a positive and consistent way with parents, students, and administration.
- BA in Music or Music Education, or equivalent experience
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits are available for faculty who teach 20 hours or more in a week.
- Paid Sick Leave accrual
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan
- Professional Development opportunities and grants for faculty
- Community Concert Series performance opportunities for faculty
- Employee and family discount on private lessons and classes
- Teach in-person at CSMA’s satellite campus in Belmont.
- Available to teach on Saturday between 9:00am-5:00pm
- Available to teach minimum 4 hours per day
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The employee must frequently stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.