Community School of Music and Arts has been the leader in high-quality art and music education in Silicon Valley since our founding in 1968 and we are thrilled to bring art learning to the Belmont area! Starting in April 2024, our Belmont art program will feature Early Childhood Art Classes for ages 2 through 5. We are seeking highly qualified instructors in early childhood programs to work at CSMA’s Artisan Crossing location in Belmont.
This is a part time position that reports to the location program manager. Please be sure to review the schedule information below prior to applying.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and lead early childhood creative art classes for children aged two through five years in a newly equipped art classroom.
- Facilitate an exploratory learning environment for groups of 8-10 children either in collaboration with adult caregivers in family classes, or as independent learners.
- Collaborate with program staff to develop curriculum and contribute to the growth of early childhood arts programs.
- Prepare materials, set up a classroom for lessons and clean-up after activities.
- Communicate in a positive and consistent way with students, parents and program and administrative staff.
- Demonstrate a commitment to CSMA’s mission and values.
Skills and Qualifications
- 1 + years experience teaching young children
- Expertise in early childhood education with proven experience working with preschool-aged children
- Experience with leading exploratory-based projects for children
- Experience with Reggio Emilia teaching methods helpful, but not required
- Experience with a parent co-op and ECE units, helpful but not required
- Experience leading parent/child classes is preferred but not required
- Proactive, collaborative and efficient in a team environment
- Well-developed classroom management and communication skills
- Highly developed interpersonal and organizational skills
- Bachelor Degree with expertise in Early Childhood Art Education
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits are available for faculty who teach 20 hours or more in a week.
- Paid Sick Leave accrual
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan
- Professional Development opportunities and grants for faculty
- Community Concert Series performance opportunities for faculty
- Employee and family discount on private lessons and classes
- Teach in-person at CSMA’s satellite campus in Belmont.
- Available to teach on Saturday between 9:00am-5:00pm
- Available to teach minimum 4 hours per day
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The employee must frequently stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.