Community School of Music and Arts has been the leader in high-quality art and music education in Silicon Valley since our founding in 1968 and we are thrilled to bring art learning to the Belmont area! Starting in April 2024, our Belmont art program will feature drawing and painting classes for adults and various youth age groups. We are seeking highly qualified instructors in drawing and painting media to work at CSMA’s Artisan Crossing location in Belmont. This is a part-time position that reports to the location program manager.
- Teach drawing and/or painting classes to teen and adult students (ages 14-adult).
- Provide drawing instruction for beginner through intermediate students, including but not limited to still life, landscape, portrait and figure studies.
- Provide painting instruction for beginner through intermediate students in a variety of media including watercolor, acrylic and oil.
- Develop age and skill-appropriate lesson plans that develop students’ skills, as well as provide a fun and creative environment for student growth.
- Provide feedback to students throughout each lesson and recommend next steps in their art education.
- Communicate in a positive and consistent way with students, parents and the administration.
- Demonstrate a commitment to CSMA’s mission and values.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Art or Art Education or equivalent experience
- Active working artist with local presence and established teaching track record in drawing and/or painting media
- Ability to work with students of a wide variety of skills and backgrounds
- Well-developed classroom management and communication skills
- Highly developed interpersonal and organizational skills
- Competent computer skills, particularly MS Office and GSuite
- Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Paid training and meetings
- Paid Sick Leave accrual
- Professional Development opportunities and grants for faculty
- Exhibition opportunities for faculty
- Employee and Family discount on private lessons and classes
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits are available for faculty who teach 20 hours or more in a week.
- All faculty have access to a 403(B) retirement plan
- Group classes are presented year-round on a quarterly basis, with weekly class meetings.
- Teaching opportunities are mainly during weekdays 4:00pm – 8:30pm, and Saturdays 9:00am – 5:00pm.