art4schools city show
february 2-26, 2016
Reception with the artists: Friday February 5, 3-6 pm
Performance by the Huff School Honor Choir at 3:30 pm
Each year, the students and faculty of CSMA's Art4Schools program present an exhibition of work in the Mountain View City Hall Rotunda. The show and the reception are free and open to the public.
To inspire their students, art teachers created pieces based on the Fur, Fins & Feathers theme. Their artwork inspired classroom lessons in which students experimented with different forms of media including paint, pastels, ceramics and fabric. The artwork shows the students’ unique interpretations of the exhibition’s theme.
On display will be approximately 500 pieces of art by students (grades K-8) and their art teachers from over 20 local schools, including:
- All elementary schools in Mountain View-Whisman District (Bubb, Castro, Huff, Landels, Mistral, Monta Loma, Stevenson, Theueurkauf)
- Lyndale School (Alum Rock School District)
- Dilworth, Eisenhower, Montclaire and Murdock-Portal Schools (Cupertino Union School District)
- Susan B. Anthony, Westlake and Woodrow Wilson Schools (Jefferson Elementary School District)
- Santa Rita and Springer Schools (Los Altos School District)
- St. Nicholas School (Los Altos Hills)
- The Academy, Anderson, Baldwin and Hayes Schools (Oak Grove School District)
- John Gill and Roosevelt Schools (Redwood City School District)
- Baywood School (San Mateo-Foster City School District)
- Resurrection School (Sunnyvale)
City Hall Rotunda is located at 500 Castro Street in Mountain View. City Hall is open Monday – Friday from 8am-5pm. This show is generously sponsored by the City of Mountain View.