guidelines & policies
classes, camps & workshops
Ways to Register
- On-Line: online registration
- Fax: 650-917-6803
- Mail or In Person: Community School of Music and Arts,
Finn Center, 230 San Antonio Circle, Mountain View, CA 94040
A student may register for multiple classes/camps/workshops on the same registration form (one form per student).
CSMA charges a non-refundable registration fee of $10 per class/camp/workshop, which is already included in the tuition cost. Students register for a full semester and payment in full is required at the time of registration.
We email registration confirmations. If you have not received confirmation two weeks prior to start date, contact Customer Service.
Wait List Policy
Registrations are processed in the order received. In some cases, students may be waitlisted due to enrollment limits. There is no charge for this service. Your online shopping cart will indicate if a class is waitlisted; staff will individually contact students using other registration methods. You will only be contacted again should a space become available and NOT if the class remains at the maximum enrollment limit.
Transfers: A fee of $10 per class/camp/workshop is charged if a student requests a transfer. Please use the Request for Class Transfer form.
Cancellations: Programs must meet minimum enrollment requirements as determined by CSMA. Full tuition refunds or credits are given if CSMA cancels a program.
Withdrawals:Upon receipt of a Request for Withdrawal Form prior to the first class/camp/workshop, Student Services Staff will determine your eligibility for refunds or credits as follows:
- At least 2 weeks prior to first class/camp/workshop: Full tuition refund less $10 non-refundable registration fee PLUS $10 processing fee per class/camp/workshop
- 2 weeks before through 24 hours prior to start of class/camp/workshop: 50% tuition credit less $10 non-refundable registration fee PLUS $10 processing fee per class/camp/workshop. (Credit valid up to 1 year from date of receipt of Request for Withdrawal Form.)
- Day of and after the first class/camp/workshop: No refunds or credits are given.
A make-up is scheduled if the missed session is due to teacher absence. Missed classes/camps/workshops due to student absence are not made up.
Leaves of Absence
In cases of emergency or serious illness, a leave of absence may be requested. All requests must be accompanied by a doctor's note and made in writing to the Student Services Staff. If approved, credit may be given for those absences.
Financial Aid Program
In keeping with our commitment to Arts for All, CSMA offers tuition assistance, scholarships and/or work-study to qualified students of all ages. To the extent funds permit, assistance is available on a sliding-scale basis, based on family size and income. If you wish to apply, please call our office for the appropriate form, or download them here.
CSMA provides accessibility through:
- Tuition Assistance of up to 50%, based on family size and income;
- Work-Study Opportunities in exchange for tuition rebates;
- Merit Scholarships for students who show outstanding talent and commitment;
- Program Subsidies for off-site preschool classes, weekly in-school art and music classes at local elementary schools, and other programs.
Photo / Video Release Policy
From time to time CSMA takes photographs and tapes video of students and/or artwork for possible use in our publications (print & e-mail), exhibitions and on our website, and for funding, development and public relations purposes. No compensation is provided to individuals who appear in the photographs or video or for artwork used.
CSMA admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color or national origin in its educational, admission and financial aid policies or programs.
Special Needs / Access
If you or your child has any special needs, please contact the office. CSMA is committed to accommodating differences so that the arts are accessible to all.
To ensure your child’s safety, please be sure to pick him/her up promptly after class/camp/lesson. Children waiting in CSMA lobbies before and/or after their class/camp/lesson are NOT supervised. Children are under supervision during their instruction time only. Neither teachers nor administrative staff is responsible for supervising children outside of teaching time.