CSMA Registration Policies & Guidelines
Private Lesson Registration & Policies
- Students may request to withdraw or change teachers within three days after the second lesson.
- Requests must be made in writing and emailed to email@example.com.
- After this three-day period, no refunds or teacher changes are granted.
Absences and Make-Ups
- There is no school credit, reimbursement or refund for missed lessons due to a student’s absence. CSMA does not guarantee a make up for a missed lesson due to a student’s absence. As a courtesy, please notify your teacher in advance about any lessons you will miss.
- If a lesson is missed due to a teacher’s absence, a make-up lesson will be scheduled.
- In cases of emergency or serious illness, a leave of absence may be requested. All requests must be made in writing to the Music School Director. Be sure to include any supporting medical documentation. If approved, some credit may be given for those absences.
Request for Schedule Change
- Before a new semester begins, all continuing private lesson students will receive a re-register email notification with the option to change lesson times.
- Once the semester has begun, available lesson times are extremely limited. CSMA cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate requests for schedule changes. To change lesson times within your current teacher’s schedule, contact your teacher.
- When re-registering for subsequent semesters, students who would like to keep the same teacher and lesson time are given priority, even if they take the summer off. Because CSMA values the continuing patronage of our private lesson students, lesson times are help from Spring to Fall.
- As a result, new Summer students are not necessarily guaranteed their lesson preferences for the Fall. However, CSMA will attempt to accommodate all requests.
- All returning students need to register by the deadline to receive scheduling priority over new students.
Class/Camp/Workshop Registration & Policies
Many classes, camps and workshops fill up quickly. We strongly encourage students to enroll at least two weeks prior to starting date. After first class/camp, enrollments are accepted on a space-available basis only and are also subject to instructor/Program Director approval.
Ways to Register
Students register for a full semester and payment in full is required at the time of registration. There is a $5.00 registration fee. This fee is charged once per semester, per student.
Registration confirmations are emailed. If you do not receive email confirmation of your registration, please contact the Student Services office.
Wait List Policy
Registrations are processed in the order received. In some cases, students may be waitlisted due to enrollment limits. There is no charge for this service. If registering online, your online shopping cart will indicate if a class is waitlisted. If registering by mail or in-person, you will be notified by CSMA if a class is waitlisted. You will be notified by CSMA if/when space becomes available.
Class/Camp/Workshop Refund Policy
Cancellations: Programs must meet minimum enrollment requirements as determined by CSMA. Full tuition refunds or school credits are given if CSMA cancels a class/camp/workshop. School credits are valid for 12 months from date of issue.
Upon receipt of a Request for Withdrawal Form prior to the first class/camp/workshop, Student Services staff will determine your eligibility for refunds or school credits as follows:
- At least 2 weeks prior to first class/camp/workshop: Full tuition refund less $20 non-refundable processing fee per class/camp/workshop.
- 2 weeks before through 24 hours prior to start of class/camp/workshop: 50% school credit less $20 non-refundable processing fee per class/camp/workshop. (School credits are valid for 12 months from date of issue.)
- Day of and after the first class/camp/workshop: No refunds or school credits are given.
Students may apply for one class transfer per semester. Transfer requests must be made in writing (form available here and in the Student Services office). No transfers or refunds will be approved unless the following conditions are met:
- All requests must be received no later than three business days after the second class.
- Requests are subject to space availability and Program Coordinator approval.
- A processing fee of $20 per class/camp/workshop is charged if a student requests a transfer.
A make-up may be scheduled if the missed session is due to teacher absence. Missed classes/camps/workshops due to student absence are not made up.
Leaves of Absence
In cases of emergency or serious illness, a leave of absence may be requested. All requests must be accompanied by a doctor’s note and made in writing to the Student Services staff. If approved, school credit may be given for those absences.
Photo & Video Release Policy
By registering yourself or your child/ren, you give permission for CSMA to: (1) take photographs of you or your children as they participate in CSMA activities; and (2) use, reuse, modify, publish, and republish those photographs and any derivative works (“Photos”) in any format or media, including the Internet, for purposes related to CSMA’s mission, including marketing. CSMA may use Photos without compensation to you or your children.
To opt out of CSMA’s Photo/Video Release Policy, visit our Student Services office for assistance.
Financial Aid Program
In keeping with our commitment to Arts4All, CSMA offers tuition assistance and scholarships to qualified students. To the extent funds permit, assistance is available on a sliding-scale basis, based on family size and income. Click here for more Financial Aid information.
CSMA admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color or national origin in its educational, admission and financial aid policies or programs.
Special Needs / Access
If you or your child has any special needs, please contact the Student Services office. CSMA is committed to accommodating differences so that the arts are accessible to all.
To ensure your child’s safety, please pick him/her up promptly after class/camp/lesson. Children waiting in CSMA lobbies before and/or after their class/camp/lesson are NOT supervised. Children are under supervision during their instruction time only. Neither teachers nor administrative staff is responsible for supervising children outside of teaching time.