Why Join an Ensemble
Students who take part in an ensemble experience many benefits, including:
- Learning important collaboration skills, such as listening, playing in tune with others, and learning to maintain their own rhythmic independence against other parts
- Taking part in fun and supportive group rehearsal and performance opportunities
- Participating in a forum to exchange ideas and learn from other students
Playing in an ensemble helps students learn the skills to be a team player, and a better musician overall!
What We Offer
CSMA offers ensemble opportunities for youth and adults. Opportunities include:
- Brass Ensemble (Gr 3-12)
- Percussion Ensemble (Gr 3-12)
- Flute Ensemble (Gr 4-12)
- Clarinet Choir (Gr 5-12)
- Chamber Music Ensemble (Gr 6-Adult)
- Flute Choir (Gr 11-Adult)
- Adult Brass Ensemble
- Choirs: CSMA Children’s Choir (Gr 2-5), World Harmony Chorus (Teens & Adults)
Ensemble classes often perform end-of-the-semester recitals. While specific performance opportunities will differ by class and instructor, most students in an ensemble will have an opportunity to perform.
- CSMA Private lesson students can receive a 50% discount on one Ensemble (or other Core Curriculum) class each semester (except summer).
- For more information, contact CSMA’s Music Classes Program Coordinator, at 650-917-6800, ext 312, or email email@example.com.