our students youth
Arts education has a myriad of proven benefits for youth. For example, students of art and music in grades K-8 demonstrate solid improvements in:
- memory, literacy and math skills
- social skills and empathy
- creative expression and positive risk-taking
- academic confidence and achievement.
CSMA’s Art and Music Schools have much to offer for grade students in grades K-8 throughout the year, both on our own campus in Mountain View and in arts classes taught by CSMA’s professional music and art teachers at public and private schools throughout the mid-Peninsula.
Meet youth who are members of the CSMA community here:
- Ethel: one of CSMA's youngest-ever Merit Scholars
- William: Art4Schools Student and Art Lover
- Jen & Hilary: sisters and enthusiastic piano students
- Lupe: youngest of 9 who is inspired to achieve her dreams through art
- Rachel: loves learning about other people and cultures through singing
As Jen & Hilary's father says, “to hear what they’ve accomplished in two years and to think that they can play like this. I don’t know how to thank the school enough. This has turned out beyond my wildest expectations.”