our students teens
Music and art education has been shown to help teenagers thrive and successfully tackle many of the challenges :
- self-esteem and confidence,
- creativity, problem-solving skills and ability to think outside the box,
- resistance to drug and alcohol abuse and gang involvement,
- academic achievement, SAT scores and high school graduation rates.
CSMA’s Art and Music Schools offer classes and workshops that encourage teens’ personal growth and involvement in a positive, supportive arts community while progressing with their artistic and musical studies. As one mother of a teenage voice student says, “CSMA has enriched my daughter’s life and our lives so much that I can’t even imagine our life without that at this point.”
Meet these bright and talented teens who study at CSMA:
- Evan: saxophone student and leader of his own jazz ensemble.
- Sonia: merit scholar and "Broadway" song stylist.
- Esther: fulfilling her arts education requirements on CSMA's campus.
As Sonia says, “When I come to CSMA, I can see that it’s an open place. You can tell that anyone can join. I love singing here!”