About Summer Music Workshops
In CSMA’s Summer Music Workshops, you’ll find:
- Individual and group instruction for every student
- Solo, small & large ensemble repertoire
- Digital music instruction in composition & recording
- Music theory sessions
- Special lectures & demonstrations
- Opportunity to work with accompanists & faculty
- Student and faculty performances in Tateuchi Hall, CSMA’s performance venue
What We Offer
- The 2017 Summer Music Workshops have ended. 2018 Summer Music Workshops will be announced in February 2018.
- Students should have studied an instrument for a minimum of 1-2 years (unless otherwise noted). Instrument lessons do NOT need to have been taken at CSMA.
- Students should have a secure knowledge of music reading at the student’s level.
- Some workshops require faculty approval or audition.
Once workshop registration is confirmed, students will be asked to provide the following info:
- Name of private lesson teacher(s)
- List of 5 pieces of music learned in previous six months
- Number of years of private lessons
- Number of years of ensemble experience
Registered students will be advised about how/what to prepare for their workshop.