About Summer Music Workshops
In CSMA’s Summer Music Workshops, you’ll find:
- Individual and group instruction for every student
- Solo, small & large ensemble repertoire
- Digital music instruction in composition and recording
- Music theory sessions
- Special lectures and demonstrations
- Opportunity to work with accompanists and faculty
- Student and faculty performances in Tateuchi Hall, CSMA’s performance venue
2018 Session Dates
- June 4 - August 10
- All workshops are one week (5 days) except for Music at Tateuchi (2 wks/11 days)
What We Offer
- Theory Bootcamp, Gr 5-8: June 11-June 15, July 30-August 3
- Composing for the Small Ensemble, Gr 5-12: June 4-June 8
- ABRSM Level 5 Theory Prep, Gr 5-12: June 25-June 29
- Crash Course in Musical History: Classical Music, Gr 5-12: June 11-June 15
- Crash Course in Musical History: Popular Music, Gr 5-12: July 30-August 3
- Digital Music Creations, Gr 5-12: July 16-July 20
- GarageBand, Gr 5-12: June 18-June 22
- Junior String Quartet Workshop, Gr 6-8: June 11-June 15
- Music at Tateuchi, Gr 6-12: July 9-July 21
- Train to be the Voice - Vocal Workshop, Gr 6-12: June 25-June 29
- Advanced Placement Theory Prep, Gr 8-12: August 6-August 10
- String Quartet Workshop, Gr 9-12: June 4-June 8
Music at Tateuchi is a two-week, intensive summer program offering high level training to intermediate and advanced string players and pianists that are selected by video audition. Learn more here.
- Minimum of 2 years of private lessons on instrument. Private lessons do not need to have been taken at CSMA.
- Students should have a secure knowledge of music reading at the student’s level.
- Some workshops require faculty approval or audition.
- See individual workshop descriptions for detailed prerequisite information and/or specific requirements.
Once workshop registration is confirmed, students will be asked to provide the following info:
- Name of private lesson teacher(s)
- List of 5 pieces of music learned in previous six months
- Number of years of private lessons
- Number of years of ensemble experience
Registered students will be advised about how/what to prepare for their workshop.