About Summer Music Workshops
In CSMA’s Summer Music Workshops, you’ll find:
- Individual and group instruction for every student
- Solo, small & large ensemble repertoire
- Digital music instruction in composition & recording
- Music theory sessions
- Special lectures & demonstrations
- Opportunity to work with accompanists & faculty
- Student and faculty performances in Tateuchi Hall, CSMA’s performance venue
What We Offer
- String Quartet Workshop, Gr 4-12, June 5-9
- Digital Music Creations, Gr 5-12, June 5-9
- Composing for Small Ensemble, Gr 5-12, June 12-16
- Train to be “The Voice” Vocal Workshop, Gr 6-12, June 26-30
- ABRSM Level 5 Theory Prep, Gr 5-12, July 10-14
- Music at Tateuchi, Gr 6-12, July 10-21 (formerly the Summer Strings Institute) Learn more about Music at Tateuchi!
- Theory 1-3 Combo, Gr 5-8, July 31-August 4
- Project Rock, Gr 5-10, July 31-August 4
- AP Music Theory Prep, Gr 8-12, August 7-11
Please note that the Irene Sharp Cello Workshop has been cancelled for Summer 2017. Please contact Heather Paisar, Music Classes Program Coordinator, at email@example.com for information regarding other summer programs at CSMA.
- Students should have studied an instrument for a minimum of 1-2 years (unless otherwise noted). Instrument lessons do NOT need to have been taken at CSMA.
- Students should have a secure knowledge of music reading at the student’s level.
- Some workshops require faculty approval or audition.
Once workshop registration is confirmed, students will be asked to provide the following info:
- Name of private lesson teacher(s)
- List of 5 pieces of music learned in previous six months
- Number of years of private lessons
- Number of years of ensemble experience
Registered students will be advised about how/what to prepare for their workshop.