Students of all experience levels are welcome in CSMA’s life drawing classes. Techniques learned in Figure Drawing classes include:
- Gesture Drawing
- Anatomy and proportion
- Portrait drawing and painting in a variety of mediums such as pencil, charcoal, oil pastel and more.
- Figure drawing and painting in a variety of mediums such as charcoal, oil pastel, chalk pastel, oil paint, and more.
What We Offer
- Drawing II: Portrait & Figure Drawing
- Life Drawing Drop-in Sessions (see below for info)
Life Drawing Drop-In Sessions
CSMA offers drop-in life drawing sessions for artists to have access to a live model to practice drawing or painting. Students draw from nude models. Sessions are weekly with no formal instruction. Students should bring their own supplies to class, no materials are provided.
Fall Life Drawing - Long Pose
- Runs September 12 - November 15
- Wednesdays, 7:30pm-10pm
- $15 per session, payable at the door.
- This is a drop-in class. No pre-registration required.
- Model is provided for one long pose.
- Costumed models the first Wednesday of each month.
Life drawing drop-in sessions are not offered on school holidays. Check the current school calendar for holiday closures.
Life Drawing Classes Information
- All skill levels welcome.
- Class Size: Maximum of 12 students per class (unless otherwise noted).
- Materials: Materials list provided at time of registration. Materials are provided for some Studio Art classes, see class descriptions.
- Dress: Please wear clothes appropriate for getting messy and making art.