Students of all experience levels are welcome in CSMA’s adult ceramics classes. Students work in both handbuilding and on the wheel, learning a variety of ceramics techniques, including:
- Wheelthrowing techniques (to make utilitarian objects including bowls, cups and containers)
- Handbuilding, including slab, coil and pinch techniques (to make utilitarian objects or sculptural art works)
- Centering techniques
- Sculpture (making portrait busts, animals or abstract objects)
- Glazing techniques (using glazes to create desired finishes on ceramic works)
What We Offer
- Ceramics I
- Ceramics II
- Ceramics III
- Ceramics Open Studio
Current CSMA Ceramics students can work independently in an environment with other dedicated artists in the weekly Ceramics Open Studio. An instructor is available to offer guidance, if needed. The Ceramics Open Studio is Sundays from 12:30-4pm. The drop-in fee is $20/session; no pre-registration required.
Ceramics Classes Information
- All skill levels welcome.
- Class Size: Maximum of 12 students per class (unless otherwise noted).
- Materials: All materials provided with registration fee.
- Dress: Please wear clothes appropriate for getting messy and making art.