Students of all experience levels are welcome in CSMA’s adult ceramics classes. Students work in both handbuilding and on the wheel, learning a variety of ceramics techniques, including:
- Wheelthrowing techniques (to make utilitarian objects including bowls, cups and containers)
- Handbuilding, including slab, coil and pinch techniques (to make utilitarian objects or sculptural art works)
- Centering techniques
- Sculpture (making portrait busts, animals or abstract objects)
- Glazing techniques (using glazes to create desired finishes on ceramic works)
What We Offer
Financial aid is available for all CSMA classes, camps, and lessons.
Ceramics Classes Information
- All skill levels welcome.
- Class Size: Maximum of 12 students per class (unless otherwise noted).
- Materials: All materials provided with registration fee.
- Dress: Please wear clothes appropriate for getting messy and making art.