In CSMA’s Primary (Gr K-2) and Elementary (Gr 3-6) Ceramics classes students learn a progression of techniques, beginning with basic skills. Techniques include:
- Pinch and joining techniques
- Coil techniques
- Slab techniques
- Glazing techniques
In Secondary Ceramics (Gr 7-12) students begin advanced techniques, including:
- Handbuilding, including slab, coil and pinch techniques
- Advanced glazing methods
What We Offer
- Primary Ceramics: Gr K-2
- Primary Draw, Paint, Sculpt: Gr K-2 (Explore paint, oil pastel, watercolor, clay and more)
- Elementary Ceramics: Gr 3-6
- Elementary Draw, Paint, Sculpt: Gr 3-6 (Explore paint, oil pastel, watercolor, clay and more)
- Secondary Ceramics: Gr 7-12
Teens (14+) may be interested in Studio Art Classes.
Ceramics Classes Information
- All skill levels welcome.
- Class Size: Maximum of 12 students per class (unless otherwise noted).
- Materials: All materials provided with registration fee.
- Dress: Please wear clothes appropriate for getting messy and making art.