The Community School of Music and Arts is seeking a motivated and experienced individual to teach private violin lessons to students ages 5 through adults at CSMA’s Finn Center in Mountain View. This is a part time position beginning in late August. Weekend availability a plus.
Successful candidates will have:
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practical aspects of private music instruction and a solid understanding of violin pedagogy.
- Minimum Bachelors degree in Music and/or Music Education with emphasis in cello performance.
- Suzuki Certification or significant experience with young children a plus.
- Significant music teaching experience and success in a studio setting.
- Highly developed interpersonal skill.
- Ability to teach and converse comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to communicate in a positive and consistent way with parents, students and administration.
- Interest and experience in teaching a variety of repertoire and building curriculum.
- Active performing and accompanying experience preferred.
- Interest in music examination system such as ABRSM or Royal Conservatory MDP a plus.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Community School of Music and Arts
Attn: Human Resources
230 San Antonio Circle
Mountain View, CA 94040
About Community School of Music and Arts
Founded in 1968, CSMA is Northern California’s largest non-profit provider of arts education programs. With a $4.9 million budget and 160-member staff and faculty, it is one of the ten largest community schools in the United States. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, one of the global capitals of creativity, CSMA is dedicated to instilling, training and nurturing creativity for all stages of life. Headquartered in the award-winning Finn Center in the City of Mountain View, CSMA directly serves over 22,000 people of all ages, skill levels and economic means each year, including over 15,000 students at 32 schools in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties.