Tateuchi Hall Technical Assistant
The Community School of Music and Arts (CSMA) is looking for a part-time, hourly on call position for a Concert Hall Technical Assistant for numerous concerts, lectures, special events and facility rentals throughout the year.
- Prepare concert hall, lobby area, and/or rental area prior to, during and after the performance, rehearsals and/or a rental period.
- Prepare concert hall and green room per artist and client contract requests.
- Open and close the hall and assist audience members entering and exiting the hall.
- Communicate and work closely with Community Relations Manager, Technical Assistants, Facilities Manager and Artists as appropriate in fulfilling productions needs and monitoring the security, cleanliness, maintenance of the facility.
- Perform miscellaneous job related duties as needed and assigned by Community Relations Manager or Facilities Manager.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience working in a theater, music, performing arts or audio-tech preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of theater and events staging procedures, sound and lighting equipment, audio-tech and facility operations.
- Must have working knowledge of A/V systems and concert hall equipment.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work well with people and collaborate under pressure and troubleshoot.
- Evening and weekend work is required; flexible schedule is a plus.
- Reliable, flexible, punctual, solid team player.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Community School of Music and Arts
Attn: Human Resources
230 San Antonio Circle
Mountain View, CA 94040
About Community School of Music and Arts
Founded in 1968, CSMA is Northern California’s largest non-profit provider of arts education programs. With a $4.9 million budget and 160-member staff and faculty, it is one of the ten largest community schools in the United States. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, one of the global capitals of creativity, CSMA is dedicated to instilling, training and nurturing creativity for all stages of life. Headquartered in the award-winning Finn Center in the City of Mountain View, CSMA directly serves over 22,000 people of all ages, skill levels and economic means each year, including over 15,000 students at 32 schools in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties.