Regular Part time, Non-exempt, 20 hours per week
The Staff Accountant supports the CFO with the maintenance and analysis of accounting records, preparation of accounting schedules, reports and financial statements; prepares journal entries and reconciles ledger accounts; ensures compliance with general accounting principles and CSMA’s policies, procedures and contracts.
- Support the CFO in carrying out the duties of the accounting/finance function
- Maintain financial records and general ledger
- Prepare and analyze financial statements
- Prepare journal entries and reconcile ledger accounts
- Assist the bookkeeper in implementing and documenting transactional procedures
- Research and troubleshoot integration of QuickBooks with other systems (payroll, registration)
- Ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and the organization’s policies.
- 5 years of general accounting experience
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks
- Experience with nonprofit or school accounting is a plus.
The successful candidate will be deadline oriented with good attention to detail. Estimated 20 hours per week. Flexible hours available. The school is located only a few minutes’ walk from the San Antonio CalTrain station in Mountain View.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com, with Staff Accountant as the subject line.
Community School of Music and Arts
Attn: Human Resources
230 San Antonio Circle
Mountain View, CA 94040
About Community School of Music and Arts
Founded in 1968, the Community School of Music and Arts is Northern California’s largest non-profit provider of arts education programs. With a $6 million budget and 160-member staff and faculty, CSMA is one of the ten largest community schools in the United States. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, one of the global capitals of creativity, CSMA is dedicated to making the arts and arts education accessible to all, regardless of age, experience or background. Headquartered in the award-winning Finn Center in the City of Mountain View, CSMA directly serves over 28,000 people of all ages, skill levels and economic means each year, including over 24,000 students at 58 schools in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties.