Preschool Art Teacher
CSMA has an immediate part-time opening for a Preschool Art Teacher for children 18 months through 5 years of age. Candidate must be responsible, punctual, energetic and creative. We are seeking team players; however individuals must also work independently. Applicants must have proven success working with children, and communicating with adult faculty, staff and parents. This is a part-time, non-exempt position. Classes are held on site at CSMA.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and prepare preschool creative art classes for each class of 10-12 children.
- Communicate effectively with parents, children and staff.
- Setup classroom for lessons and clean-up after activities.
- Perform additional tasks as requested by the Program Manager.
- Arts background, proven experience working with art for preschool children.
- Teaching style includes exploratory based projects for children.
- Experience with Reggio Emilia teaching methods a plus.
- Experience with a parent co-op, and ECE units a plus.
- Pro-active, collaborative and efficient in a team environment.
- Excellent time management, presentation, facilitation, written and verbal skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with students, faculty, and staff.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com, with Preschool Art Teacher as the subject line.
Community School of Music and Arts
Attn: Human Resources
230 San Antonio Circle
Mountain View, CA 94040
About Community School of Music and Arts
Founded in 1968, the Community School of Music and Arts is Northern California’s largest non-profit provider of arts education programs. With a $6 million budget and 160-member staff and faculty, CSMA is one of the ten largest community schools in the United States. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, one of the global capitals of creativity, CSMA is dedicated to making the arts and arts education accessible to all, regardless of age, experience or background. Headquartered in the award-winning Finn Center in the City of Mountain View, CSMA directly serves over 28,000 people of all ages, skill levels and economic means each year, including over 24,000 students at 58 schools in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties.