High School Classroom Art Teacher
Non-exempt, Part Time
The Community School of Music and Arts (CSMA) is seeking a Classroom Art Teacher to work at public charter high schools teaching in grades 9-12 for the 2018 - 2019 school year.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach an Intro and a 2D Design course to students in four public charter high schools in grades 9-12
- Two 2.5 hour classes meet daily for two week blocks at four sites from September through May
- Prepare an end of the year art show at each school site representing art created by every student in the program
- Art degree (masters preferred)
- Strong art background especially in drawing and painting or 2D Design
- Must have prior experience working with high school students in a classroom setting and strong classroom management skills
- Teaching credential a plus
- Commitment to CSMA goals
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with High School Art Teacher as the subject line.
Community School of Music and Arts
Attn: Human Resources
230 San Antonio Circle
Mountain View, CA 94040
About Community School of Music and Arts
Founded in 1968, the Community School of Music and Arts is Northern California’s largest non-profit provider of arts education programs. With a $6 million budget and 160-member staff and faculty, CSMA is one of the ten largest community schools in the United States. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, one of the global capitals of creativity, CSMA is dedicated to making the arts and arts education accessible to all, regardless of age, experience or background. Headquartered in the award-winning Finn Center in the City of Mountain View, CSMA directly serves over 28,000 people of all ages, skill levels and economic means each year, including over 24,000 students at 58 schools in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties.