The Community School of Music and Arts is seeking a motivated and experienced individual to teach private flute lessons at CSMA’s primary Finn Center site in Mountain View. Position begins Spring Semester 2019.
Successful candidates will have:
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practical aspects of private music instruction and a solid understanding of flute pedagogy.
- Minimum Bachelors degree in Music and/or Music Education with emphasis in flute performance. Master’s preferred.
- Able to teach a wide range of ages and abilities with a focus on excellent technique and musicality.
- Minimum 10+ years music teaching experience and proven success with students from beginner to advanced levels.
- Excellent communication skills and highly developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to teach and converse comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Ability to communicate in a positive and consistent way with parents, students and administration.
- Interest and experience in teaching a variety of repertoire and building curriculum.
- Interest in music examination systems such as ABRSM or RCM a plus.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com, with Flute Faculty as the subject line.
Community School of Music and Arts
Attn: Human Resources
230 San Antonio Circle
Mountain View, CA 94040
About Community School of Music and Arts
Founded in 1968, the Community School of Music and Arts is Northern California’s largest non-profit provider of arts education programs. With a $6 million budget and 160-member staff and faculty, CSMA is one of the ten largest community schools in the United States. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, one of the global capitals of creativity, CSMA is dedicated to making the arts and arts education accessible to all, regardless of age, experience or background. Headquartered in the award-winning Finn Center in the City of Mountain View, CSMA directly serves over 28,000 people of all ages, skill levels and economic means each year, including over 24,000 students at 58 schools in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties.