Regular Part-Time, Non-Exempt. 25 hours per week.
The Marketing Associate works closely with the Marketing & Communications Director and is responsible for marketing, advertising, public relations, community outreach and events, website content and maintenance, social media and data reporting to support CSMA’s strategic marketing efforts. This position works to establish CSMA’s brand, programs and identity throughout the region and increase audience in all programs. This position also researches, recommends, develops and implements creative communication strategies and outreach.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate advertising placement and scheduling in a variety of outlets, including digital, print, and outdoor. Manage Google AdWords account.
- Update organization website on a regular basis. Assist with content development for blog and social media outlets. Manage Google Analytics and pull reports as needed.
- Coordinate content for and distribution of weekly email blasts.
- Coordinate community outreach and presence at community events, including fairs, festivals, informational events, etc. Recruit and train volunteers for event assistance. Staff community events on weekends and evenings as needed.
- Assist with grassroots marketing and promotional for events held at CSMA, including concert series and art exhibitions.
- Assist with CSMA course catalog production three times/year.
- Assist with internal communication throughout organization.
- Coordinate periodic bulk mailings, using a mailing house service.
- Perform additional tasks and projects as requested by the Marketing & Communications Director, including administrative tasks in the department.
- Bachelor’s degree required, emphasis on marketing and communications.
- 2-3+ years of marketing/communications experience in a creative nonprofit, arts or education space.
- Understanding of nonprofit organizations and commitment to arts education.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic HTML. Experience using website content management systems.
- Experience using Google AdWords and Google Analytics.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Proficiency with Adobe CC, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Premiere Pro desirable, but not required.
- Detail-oriented, with excellent organizational skills, analytical skills and problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with good judgment. Able to multitask and prioritize without direct supervision. Demonstrated ability to complete tasks and projects in a timely manner.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Marketing Associate as the subject line.
Community School of Music and Arts
Attn: Human Resources
230 San Antonio Circle
Mountain View, CA 94040
About Community School of Music and Arts
Founded in 1968, the Community School of Music and Arts is Northern California’s largest non-profit provider of arts education programs. With a $6 million budget and 160-member staff and faculty, CSMA is one of the ten largest community schools in the United States. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, one of the global capitals of creativity, CSMA is dedicated to making the arts and arts education accessible to all, regardless of age, experience or background. Headquartered in the award-winning Finn Center in the City of Mountain View, CSMA directly serves over 28,000 people of all ages, skill levels and economic means each year, including over 24,000 students at 58 schools in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties.