Non-exempt, Full time 30 hours per week, eligible for full benefits
The Facilities Assistant will aid in all aspects of building operations relating to space use, cleanliness and maintenance. This position reports to the Facilities Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the completion of all maintenance service requests as assigned.
- Perform repairs, modifications and preventive maintenance tasks on building and facility equipment, fixtures and systems. Utilize basic hand and power tools.
- Responsible for alerting Facilities Manager of any safety hazards that may occur.
- Responsible for room setup for special events, classes, recitals, etc.
- Conduct tasks during renovation/remodeling projects and gallery installations including drywall patching, painting, assemble office furniture.
- Complete janitorial duties as directed by Facilities Manager which may include picking up trash, dusting and wiping work stations, doors, classrooms, music studios, sweeping curb and dumpster areas.
- Conduct and maintain furniture and equipment inventory.
- Assist with the receiving and distribution of visual art supplies and all other materials.
- Perform additional tasks as requested by management.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Two years maintenance experience preferred.
- Knowledge and proficiency in proper and safe use of basic hand/power tools used in repairs of building facilities.
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures; proper lifting techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with strong interpersonal skills.
- Positive attitude with dependability and reliability.
- Experience with Building/Facilities maintenance.
- Ability to multitask, organize and prioritize
- Ability to read, write, understand and follow instructions in English.
- Ability to communicate effectively with faculty and staff.
- Ability to work in close cooperation with faculty and staff.
- Must be courteous, tactful and gracious at all times.
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible duty schedule.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Work indoors and outdoors.
- Must be able to stand/walk for 100% of the work day.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. independently.
- Must be able to push and pull carts weighing up to 50 lbs. independently.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach and balance frequently throughout the work day.
- Must be able to move heavy music instruments such as piano.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Facilities Assistant as the subject line.
Community School of Music and Arts
Attn: Human Resources
230 San Antonio Circle
Mountain View, CA 94040
About Community School of Music and Arts
Founded in 1968, the Community School of Music and Arts is Northern California’s largest non-profit provider of arts education programs. With a $6 million budget and 160-member staff and faculty, CSMA is one of the ten largest community schools in the United States. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, one of the global capitals of creativity, CSMA is dedicated to making the arts and arts education accessible to all, regardless of age, experience or background. Headquartered in the award-winning Finn Center in the City of Mountain View, CSMA directly serves over 28,000 people of all ages, skill levels and economic means each year, including over 20,000 students at 58 schools in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties.