Classroom Music Teacher
CSMA has teaching opportunities for well-qualified, energetic and dependable Elementary Classroom Music Teachers with excellent classroom management. The ideal candidate will possess an unwavering commitment towards teaching music effectively and comprehensively while inspiring and motivating students through a love of music. These are part-time positions teaching at elementary schools.
- Teaching vocal music using the Kodaly method
- Including the use of Orff instruments and movement
- Incorporating strong academic curriculum tie-ins
- Developing lesson plans following CSMA curriculum and California State Standards
- Creating a fun and enjoyable learning environment while giving students a solid musical foundation
- Planning and preparing students for performances or open classes
- Communicating regularly with on-site school staff and CSMA
- Attending training and department meetings
- Music Education or Music Performance degree
- Experience teaching Elementary School students, ability to teach multiple disciplines and styles of music desired
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
The Community School of Music and Arts values diversity. Candidates who have a demonstrated ability to relate to diverse student populations and who have experience working in bilingual environments are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Classroom Music Teacher as the subject line.
Community School of Music and Arts
Attn: Susana Wu-Matute, Human Resources Manager
230 San Antonio Circle
Mountain View, CA 94040
About Community School of Music and Arts
Founded in 1968, the Community School of Music and Arts is Northern California’s largest non-profit provider of arts education programs. With a $5 million budget and 160-member staff and faculty, CSMA is one of the ten largest community schools in the United States. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, one of the global capitals of creativity, CSMA is dedicated to making the arts and arts education accessible to all, regardless of age, experience or background. Headquartered in the award-winning Finn Center in the City of Mountain View, CSMA directly serves over 22,000 people of all ages, skill levels and economic means each year, including over 16,000 students at 40+ schools in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties.