Classroom Music Teacher
CSMA has teaching opportunities for well-qualified, energetic, dependable music teachers with excellent classroom management. This position is part-time, and will begin in July 2016. This position reports to the Music4Schools Program Manager.
- Teaching vocal music using the Kodaly method
- Including the use of Orff instruments and movement
- Incorporating strong academic curriculum tie-ins when possible
- Ability to create a fun and enjoyable learning environment while giving students a solid musical foundation
- Possess an unwavering commitment towards teaching music effectively and comprehensively, while inspiring and motivating students through a love of music
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, confident delivery of information, knowledgeable explanations, patient & positive attitude
- Planning and preparing students for performances
- Communicating and cooperating with on-site school staff and CSMA
- Music degree or equivalent
- Experience teaching Elementary School students, ability to teach multiple disciplines and styles of music desired
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to relate to diverse student populations
The Community School of Music and Arts values diversity. Candidates who have a demonstrated ability to relate to diverse student populations and who have experience working in bilingual environments are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Community School of Music and Arts
Attn: Susana Wu-Matute, Human Resources Manager
230 San Antonio Circle
Mountain View, CA 94040
About Community School of Music and Arts
Founded in 1968, CSMA is Northern California’s largest non-profit provider of arts education programs. With a $4.9 million budget and 160-member staff and faculty, it is one of the ten largest community schools in the United States. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, one of the global capitals of creativity, CSMA is dedicated to instilling, training and nurturing creativity for all stages of life. Headquartered in the award-winning Finn Center in the City of Mountain View, CSMA directly serves over 22,000 people of all ages, skill levels and economic means each year, including over 15,000 students at 32 schools in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties.