Classroom Art Teacher
The Community School of Music and Arts (CSMA) is seeking Classroom Art Teachers to work at local elementary schools in Mountain View and surrounding communities for the 2018 - 2019 school year.
- Art degree (masters preferred)
- Strong art background especially in drawing and painting
- Must have prior experience working with children in a classroom setting and strong classroom management skills
- Teaching credential and Spanish fluency a plus
- Commitment to CSMA goals
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Responsibilities and Functions:
- Teach a curriculum based art program to children in a public elementary school setting
- Attend faculty meetings to enhance faculty and curriculum development
- Report to Art4Schools Program Manager
- Hang student artwork in at least one community show and at the school site.
- Coordinate and host an all-school art show that will display students' artwork from the entire year
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Classroom Art Teacher as the subject line.
Community School of Music and Arts
Attn: Human Resources
230 San Antonio Circle
Mountain View, CA 94040
About Community School of Music and Arts
Founded in 1968, the Community School of Music and Arts is Northern California’s largest non-profit provider of arts education programs. With a $6 million budget and 160-member staff and faculty, CSMA is one of the ten largest community schools in the United States. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, one of the global capitals of creativity, CSMA is dedicated to making the arts and arts education accessible to all, regardless of age, experience or background. Headquartered in the award-winning Finn Center in the City of Mountain View, CSMA directly serves over 28,000 people of all ages, skill levels and economic means each year, including over 24,000 students at 58 schools in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties.