The Community School of Music and Arts is seeking a motivated and experienced individual to teach private cello lessons to children and adults at CSMA’s Finn Center in Mountain View. This is a part time position. Weekend availability a plus.
Successfull candidates will have:
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practical aspects of private music instruction and a solid understanding of cello pedagogy.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Music and/or Music Education with emphasis in cello performance.
- Able to teach a wide range of ages and abilities. Experience starting young beginners a plus.
- Significant music teaching experience and success in a studio setting.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to teach and converse comfortably with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to communicate in a positive and consistent way with parents, students and administration.
- Interest and experience in teaching a variety of repertoire and building curriculum.
- Interest in music examination system such as ABRSM or Royal Conservatory MDP a plus.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com, with Cello Teacher as the subject line.
Community School of Music and Arts
Attn: Human Resources
230 San Antonio Circle
Mountain View, CA 94040
About Community School of Music and Arts
Founded in 1968, the Community School of Music and Arts is Northern California’s largest non-profit provider of arts education programs. With a $5 million budget and 160-member staff and faculty, CSMA is one of the ten largest community schools in the United States. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, one of the global capitals of creativity, CSMA is dedicated to making the arts and arts education accessible to all, regardless of age, experience or background. Headquartered in the award-winning Finn Center in the City of Mountain View, CSMA directly serves over 22,000 people of all ages, skill levels and economic means each year, including over 16,000 students at 40+ schools in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties.